SDR-WInnComm Conference, Washington, DC, USA – January 8, 2012 – PrismTech™, a global leader in standards-based, performance-critical middleware, today announced that it has added its Product Line Management (PLM) option to its Spectra™ Quick-Start Software Defined Radio (SDR) Development and Test System – at no additional cost.
The Spectra DTP4700 platform and Spectra CX development tool are award-winning and market-leading SDR development products in their own right. The Spectra Quick-Start bundle combines these products with two test applications (FM analog and digital waveforms) – and now the PLM option – to provide an unrivalled SDR laboratory system at an affordable entry-level price.
Spectra Quick-Start is ideal for:
- Application and platform development/test teams in radio OEMS and their end customers
- Advanced wireless communications laboratories (government and defense) conducting R&D in fields such as: cognitive radio, electronic warfare, and secure SDR waveforms
- Internal research and development (IR&D) and collaborative research projects
- Academic teaching and laboratory use
- Independent application and platform developers creating software IP for specific SDR programs (e.g. national waveform development, maintenance and evolution) or for the generic SDR market.
Buyers of Spectra Quick-Start now benefit from the addition of PLM to the package. PLM significantly reduces the time and cost of managing variations in SDR product family design. PLM allows a development team to efficiently maintain different configurations of common components for different target platforms. PLM automates this previously manual, complex and labor-intensive task.
“Spectra Quick-Start is an affordable COTS system with unrivalled SDR development and test capability,” said Toby McClean, Spectra CX Product Manager. “The addition of PLM to the package provides yet another compelling reason for SDR developers to select Quick-Start as their application-neutral and target-neutral SDR lab environment.”
Further information about PrismTech’s Spectra Quick-Start Package is available from PrismTech’s website at http://www.prismtech.com/spectra