PrismTech is pleased to announce that Vortex 2.0, a major upgrade of its award winning Intelligent Data-Sharing Platform is now generally available for evaluation and purchase. The Vortex platform provides the most comprehensive Industrial IoT solution for integrating devices, real-time high performance edge-based Fog networks and Cloud systems.
Vortex 2.0 delivers significant benefits in terms of support for Fog computing, improved robustness, security, platform support and ease of use. Vortex 2.0 includes the following new functionality:
- Vortex OpenSplice 6.6 – includes new features such as Google Protocol Buffer (GPB) support, latest ISO C++ API, dynamic network partitions, Durability Service optimizations, coherent updates – full PresentationQoSPolicy support, RnR Service – split file recording and Python scripting support for OpenSplice Tester
- Vortex Fog 1.x – a new addition to the platform providing secure interest based routing of real-time information between UDP (multicast and unicast) enabled edge networks and TCP endpoints, enabling Device-Fog, Fog-Fog and Fog-Cloud connectivity
- Vortex Cloud 1.3 – includes new Boundary Security solution
- Vortex Lite 2.0 – latest ISO C++ API, enhanced Durability QoS, support for Windows 10, Mac OS X10.1
- Vortex Insight 1.2 – usability improvements
Vortex is ideally suited for mission-critical distributed and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. It is based on the Data Distribution Service (DDS) for Real-time Systems open standard and builds on proven technologies to provide an efficient solution for Internet scale real-time data sharing. Vortex is a crucial enabler for systems that have to reliably and securely deliver high volumes of data with stringent end-to-end qualities-of-service (QoS); for IIoT systems Vortex delivers the right information to the right place at the right time.