If you are currently using DDS (Data Distribution Service), then extending your system to leverage the benefits of cloud computing and the Internet of Things (IoT) has never been easier.
Compliant with the DDS standard and the DDSI interoperability protocol, PrismTech’s Vortex Intelligent Data Sharing Platform provides many capabilities not available from other vendors but required by next generation IoT systems. These include cloud data sharing and WAN connectivity, support for Android devices and mobile environments, embedded device support, dynamic web browser application support and the ability to integrate DDS with a broad range of other IoT communication protocols and standards.
The Vortex platform includes:
- Vortex Cloud extends the capabilities of a DDS system with support for data sharing over a Wide Area Network.
- Vortex Café is the only “pure” Java DDS implementation specifically optimized for mobility and Android devices.
- Vortex Lite provides real-time data sharing for severely resource-limited devices and sensors.
- Vortex Gateway is a high performance, extensible and configurable protocol gateway framework, transparently bridging across communication technologies while adapting format, content and Quality of Service (QoS).
- Vortex Insight is a browser-based, location-independent monitoring tool for DDS systems and systems-of-systems.
- Vortex OpenSplice is a fully featured DDS implementation targeted for server-class (desktops, racks, etc.) platforms.
All of the Vortex technologies can work with and interoperate with existing DDSI compliant systems. If you would like to know more about how Vortex can be used to extend your system with new capabilities while protecting you previous DDS technology investments, >>> Find out more